Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I have no clue how to do this!



Devon always gets on to me (in a nice way) that I don't know how to do stuff, and refuse to learn (i.e. updating my ipod, using excel, anything that you have to put together, posting on blogs). SO, in an effort to show him that I can still learn new things, I'm giving a try at this whole "posting" thing. If this shows up all funky on our blog, you know why!

Devon wont see this until Saturday night because on his first Father's day, he (and some of our volunteer leaders) loaded up 50 high schoolers and took them to Sharp Top Cove for the week. We were sad not to be able to celebrate with him on that day, and I was sad to not be able to go on the trip myself! But, we find it sweet and special that He gets to love on so many kids that he loves like they are his own sons. We find it a privilege, joy, and honor to serve the Lord by spending time with high school kids and sharing "not only the Gospel of God, but our very lives as well", as they "have become so dear to us." We are praying that lives would be changed forever this week!

Cam is awesome these days! He's smiling at everything and loving his trips to the pool. He is a sleeping maniac, following in his dad's footsteps and making his mom very happy!

I feel like there is a lot to say about Cam, our lives, recent events, and our summer plans, but I'm gonna leave all that up to Devon. This whole post was simply an effort to see if I could even pull this whole "posting" thing off. Once I have the confidence of a blogger, I'll potentially be back with all of my creative/insightful/hilarious observations of our lives. HA! That's why I married good ol' Dvo!

I'm now going to attempt to add some pictures of Devon with some of the high school guys he hangs out with, and some newer pictures of Cam - we'll see!

                                                         Devon and Jose


                                          Devon and some of his campaigner group 
                                                    hanging at our house!


Devon and his boys at Frontier last year
                                                                                                                                          



We miss you, D-VO!




Happy 1st Father's Day!



1 comment:

Devon & Erin said...

this is Erin, signed in under Devon. Well, not perfect, but pretty good try for my first time!